Staffordshire Leagues 2019/20
Midland Reserve Leagues
Midlands Reserve League Division 1:
Luctonians 2, Nuneaton 2, Bridgnorth 2, Burton A, Hinckley 2, Syston 2, Derby 2, Banbury 2, Broadstreet 2, Lichfield 2, Bournville 2
Contact: – Bill Worth, tel: 07926 447478, email@example.com
Midlands Reserve League Division 2:
Birmingham/Moseley 2, Old Halesonians 2, Stourbridge Lions 2, Newport 2, Camp Hill 2, Wolverhampton 2, Dudley Kings 2, Bromsgrove 2, Hereford 2, Birmingham Medics, Walsall 2
Contact: – John Atkin, tel; 01543 472605, firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlands Reserve League Division 3:
Bromsgrove 3, Worcester 2, Ludlow 2, Bridgnorth 3, Kidderminster 2, Malvern 2, Droitwich 2.
Newbold 2, Spartans 2, Harborne 2, Veseyans 2, Sutton Coldfield 2, Bournville 3, Old Halesonians 3
Contact: – Alan Danks, tel: 07836 342944, email@example.com
FINAL LEAGUE POSITIONS
Staffordshire League Division 1:
Stafford A, Shrewsbury 2, Stoke 2, Ashbourne 2, Tamworth 2, , Whittington, Gnosall, St Leonards, Stone, Lichfield 3, Burntwood 2, Uttoxeter 2
Staffordshire League Division 2:
Walsall 3, Wolverhampton 3, Telford 2, Handsworth 2, Wednesbury 2, Shrewsbury 3, Willenhall 2,
Burton Development, Rugeley 2, Eccleshall 2, Cannock 2, Leek 3, Stafford Bulldogs, Longton 2,
Please email results to both John Atkin and Stuart Davies on the email addresses below.
Stuart Davies m: 07921 646705, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Atkin m: 07711 404339 e: email@example.com
Burton v Willenhall
Willenhall v Lichfield
Lichfield v Burton
Unfortunately Handsworth have withdrawn from the competition. However Willenhall have taken their place. Semi Finals will be the top of each pool and the best results for the 2nd place in each pool.
Stafford v Eccleshall (Mar 6th – 7:30)
Eccleshall 17 v 38 Cannock
Cannock v Stafford (March 14th)
Linley 15 v 26 Longton
Leek 17 v 19 Linley
Longton v Leek
Staffordshire Social Merit League Pilot
Staffordshire Colts Transistion League
Mids Reserve Leagues Cups.
This years finals day will again at Sutton Coldfield RFC on Saturday (TBC)
Note: all league games to be completed by 20th April as League awards will be presented at the Cup Finals. Games not played will be be recorded as void.
Please put the date in your diary as we need to make some decisions regarding next season especially with regard to the compositions of the 3 divisions which may affect your club and any rule revisions . Further details will follow nearer the time.
PRELIN ROUND: on or before 2nd Nov.
Bournville 2 L v W Bromsgrove 2 Syston 2 L v W Nuneaton 2
Broadstreet 2 L v W Bridgnorth 2
QUARTER FINALS: on or before 30th Nov
Nuneaton 0 v 36 Hinckley Lichfield 40 v 31 Burton
Bromsgrove 12 v 26 Luctonians
Bridgnorth 23 v 10 Derby
SEMI FINALS: before end of February
Hinckley v Lichfield
Luctonians v Bridgnorth
FINAL:- (TBC 25 April @ Sutton Coldfield)
Round 1 – (2nd November)
Walsall 19 v 22 Hereford Newport 45 v 26 Old Hales
Evesham L v W Luctonians (30th November)
Round 2 – (on or before 22nd February)
Hereford 0 v 32 Dudley Kings
Camp Hill 7 v 17 Newport
Stour Lions 17 v 39 Wolverhampton
Bm Mos 22 v 58 Luctonians
Wolverhampton 17 v 12 Newport
Dudley v Luctonians
Final: (April 25th @ Sutton Coldfield RFC)
League Cup Rules for the Midlands Reserve Leagues:
Where appropriate the published league rules will apply.
- All games to be played in accordance with the Laws of the game as laid down by the Rugby Football Union (RFU).
- Cup matches to use Society Referees, home team to arrange.
- Open draws to be made prior to each round with the first club drawn being the home side.
- A maximum of 5 (Five) NOMINATED replacements will be allowed in any match. At least one front row replacement should be available either on the bench or field of play at the start of the game. This ensures that the game does not immediately go to uncontested at the first injury to a front row. Rolling substitutes are allowed with 8 changes in total within the game. We expect clubs to field up to 5 subs but if both clubs agree BEFORE THE AWAY TEAM TRAVEL that they wish to have more then this is ok as long as the League Sec is informed beforehand.
- In the event of a tie after 10mins each way extra time, the team with most tries progresses, if tries are equal then the away team progress.
- In the final if the result is tied and tries are equal then the team who scored the first points in the match is declared the winner.
- If the cup match is played as a double header with the corresponding league match there will be no extra time and the team with the most tries is declared the winner, if equal on tries the away team progresses. If the venue of the game has been reversed the team originally classed as the away side remains the away side
- Results should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
- See https://www.staffsrfu.com/sru-merit-tablesfor results, fixtures and copies of rules.
- If a team is removed from the league their cup result will stand
HOME TEAMS : Please ensure results are with the respective league secretary by 6:00pm on the day after the game. Also please note that the league secretary should be notified of all games either cancelled or called off.