Youth and Education
Role of SRU Youth and Education
The Staffordshire Youth and Education team is responsible for the whole spectrum of rugby from 7 year olds up to U24 activities within the County.
At the core of the team vision is ‘the player’, and its mission is to ensure that the young player who starts out on their rugby journey, develops along the way those technical tactical, physical and psychological skills, that are required for the modern game.
The role of the team is:
- Plan, agree and implement a strategy for Rugby Development for all players in Staffordshire
- Report to the SRU Management Committee
- Plan a co-ordinated programme for Staffordshire that incorporates the RDO work programmes in accordance with RFU and Staffordshire Action Plan.
- Plan, agree and implement the strategy for Rugby Development for all players within Staffordshire and involve all partners, agencies and stakeholders in the game including clubs, schools, referees and ensure that the plan is delivered and that it conforms with regional and national programmes
- Manage the budget for the Staffordshire as defined in the Staffordshire PFR document.
- Establish and manage an integrated player development and playing programme in accordance with the structured season
- Establish a player database and player tracking system
- work closely with Leicester Tigers Elite Player Development programme.
- Confirm recommendations for coach and team manager appointments nominated from the coaching sub-committee
- Work in partnership with Staffordshire Schools Union and support its activities
- Work in partnership with the Women’s RFU to develop girls rugby and encourage its development
- Make recommendations for the recruitment, development and retention of:
- players of all ages
- COACHES AT ALL LEVELS
- referees (in conjunction with the referees society)
Chairman: Mike Bezus
Secretary: Robin Websdale
RDO: Simon Hinks
Mini and Youth: Robin Websdale
U16 Team Manager: Mike Bezus
Safeguarding: Lee Dawson
U18 Team Manager: Stephen Easrwood
Women & Girls: