There have been some key updates come through from us in the last few weeks and we want to ensure that every club and their volunteers get this information. If you have already received this we apologise for the duplication.
Key Updates- w/c 13th June
Age Grade – Regulations 2022-23, Rugby Camps and Summer Activity
- A planning note including updates on regulations to be aware of ahead of 2022/23 season. Reminder of the June Activity Guidance and the need for approval for festivals and rugby camps, as per Regulation 15.9.
- Deadline 1st July – Entries for National Boys and Girls Cup Competition
Read on for full entry process information. The primary club contact should complete the entry form by 1st July 2022.
- GMS 1 July Switch Over, Update and Checklist ahead of 2022/2023 season
In response to club requests to have more time to prepare ahead of the new season, players will become de-affiliated on 1 July 2022 and players will be able to be re-affiliated from this date. This is in GMS only; 1st August remains when the age grade game, regulations and age bands all move over to 2022-23. All new affiliations will also be able to be submitted for club approval from 1 July 2022. Included is also a checklist for clubs to support key tasks in GMS. More details included on webinar to support this process as well as GMS enhancements responding to Platform for Rugby feedback.
- Getting Ready for Girls Age Bandings 2022-23
Information included on new girls’ age banding, Girls CB U16 England Rugby Developing Player Programme.
All useful links relating to the above can be found in the Community Game Update (CGU) from 14th June, please use this link to access them https://rise.articulate.com/share/sYOBNUaMyheGkeKR-x9L4KGfAMyWgyFa?spMailingID=19720630&spUserID=NjY4NTU2MDk2MDQ0S0&spJobID=2013261952&spReportId=MjAxMzI2MTk1MgS2#/
Key Updates- w/c 20th June
Pitch side Care for 2023-2024 – Changes to Regulation 9
- Last week Council voted in favour of changes to Regulation 9. From the 22/23 season all age grade contact matches and training sessions will require a level of pitch-side first aid that aligns with the RFU’s Pitch-side First Aid & Immediate Care Standards or a level determined by a club’s specific risk assessment. Similar changes will come into place for the adult game in 23/24. You can read an overview as well as a detailed guide here.
- Age Grade Regulation Changes
The 2022-2023 season will see some changes in Regulations for the age grade game. We have included an overview of the areas the changes will affect, with a detailed Age Grade Changes document to follow.
- Promotion and Relegation for Men’s and Women’s Community Game
Following Friday 17 June’s Council Meeting, promotion and relegation has been agreed for both the men’s (National 1 and below) and women’s (Championship and below) community game. You can find out how many teams will go up and down per league here.
All useful links relating to the above can be found in the Community Game Update (CGU) from 21st June, please use this link to access them https://rise.articulate.com/share/BR8p4UteIy3QXIcIfw1xeesiHvX5qEd0?spMailingID=19852461&spUserID=NjY4NTU2MDk2MDQ0S0&spJobID=2015018733&spReportId=MjAxNTAxODczMwS2#/
As always we are here to support and if you have any question please use the Club Support Portal https://help.rfu.com/support/home or come back to us with any questions.