Code of Conduct for Player Movement between Clubs
A simple and straight forward six point Code of Conduct document titled ‘Player Movement between Clubs’ has been produced in conjunction with the Staffordshire clubs and published by the Staffordshire Clubs Development Committee to provide guidance that outlines a clear and ethical way of approaching the transfer process of players between clubs.
- It is accepted that a Club will seek potential First XV Players from other Clubs, usually from a lower Level, and in turn those Players will move to another higher Level.
- Players may wish to play at a higher Level than their present Club, or at a lower level.
- Any approach to a Player would not cause any breach of Rules, Regulations or Laws relating to our Game.
- If at all possible, and to avoid any misunderstandings leading to resentment, a Senior Officer e.g. Club Chairperson, Club Secretary, Playing Chairperson and Director of Rugby, should contact their opposite number early to explain the situation.
- All Clubs should deal with Player Deregistration and Reregistration in a timely manner, especially where an Expedited Registration is required.
- A return of the Player to his original Club when ready, is to be encouraged, as the original Club will then benefit.