Adult Male Future Competitions Structure
Many thanks to all of those that have contributed over the last 18 months to the debate around the structure of future Adult Male RFU competitions.
Proposals have now been finalised which seek to address the principles below:
• Reduce travel (time, distance and cost).
• Increase the numbers of teams and leagues at certain levels, without significantly reducing quality of league rugby.
• Retain the principle of automatic league promotion.
• Reduce the churn (of teams) in leagues and increase stability through amended relegation.
• Establish a protected two week break over the Christmas period and protected weekend breaks at points through the season to support player welfare and availability.
• Remove conflict of league and cup competitions during the season.
• Provide additional home match options and excitement through cup competitions after the league season has concluded.
• Provide a mix of competitions that players/coaches/clubs requested in surveys and consultation.
The next stage in the process is the April 16th RFU Council meeting where your Council members will cast their votes on the proposals